Dear Tonganoxie UMC Family,
I had a wonderful trip to Seattle last weekend and a great time celebrating Hannah’s birthday and my sister’s wedding. It was a wonderful trip and some much needed time off but it has been great to be back in the office getting settled back in the last couple of days. I hope that you had a good week and that you are looking forward to a good weekend before the short week and the Thanksgiving holiday.
Advent Worship Help Needed
Advent is a season of preparation for Christ’s birth that consists of the four Sundays (and all the days in between) leading up to Christmas. During the four Sundays of Advent we will have special readings and light special candles as a part of both of our worship celebrations. If you (individual, couple, family, group of friends) are interested in doing one of these readings please email me and let me know which Sundays you are available (11/27, 12/4, 12/11, 12/18) and for which service(s).
Administrative Council Sunday – You Won’t Want to Miss It!
This Sunday our Administrative Council will meet over a potluck meal in Hughes Hall following the 2nd service. Everyone is invited to come and to be a part of the conversation. In addition to our usual reports we will cover several important things:
- A very quick recap of the all-church retreat held November 4th and 5th
- Conversation about formalizing a purpose statement
- Determining the structure for program ministry in 2012
- Finance will share a draft of the 2012 budget for review (this will be formally approved on December 11th at our Charge Conference)
I look forward to these conversations as we continue to build on the energy in our church and formalize plans for ministry next year.
Better Together – Final Number Recap
Last week I shared that 56 financial pledges totaling $117,509 had been received as a part of our “Better Together” Stewardship campaign. While these numbers are exciting I wanted to take a minute to share and celebrate some of the other numbers from the campaign now that I have had a chance to spend some more time looking at them:
- 79 different individuals made a commitment to regularly pray for our church family.
- 48 different families made a commitment to regularly be present in worship with the average commitment being to be present more than 3 times each month.
- 63 different individuals made commitments to serve Christ through the church in various ways.
- Commitments were made by you to witness to your faith by inviting 91 people to attend worship in 2012.
I am overwhelmed by the response that this campaign received and grateful for your faithfulness as a congregation. 2012 promises to be an exciting year for our congregation!
Again, I hope that you have had a wonderful week and that you have a great weekend. I missed you last Sunday and look forward to seeing you in worship this week. As always, it is a blessing and a privilege to serve as your pastor!
Grace and Peace,