In seminary our friend Joey shared a recipe with us for hummus. We made it A LOT for a few years, but really haven’t for awhile. No reason really, it just fell out of our rotation.
We decided to fire up the blender this weekend and to mix up a batch. We look forward to enjoying it in the coming days with celery, cucumber, and peppers. I sampled it before putting it in the fridge to chill this afternoon and it’s gonna be good!
- 4-6 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 fresh lemon (juice and pulp)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 can of chick peas (drained)
- 1 can of white beans (undrained)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- salt to taste (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a blender grind together the garlic, lemon, & olive oil.
- Add the chick peas & grind some more.
- Add the white beans (with their liquid) and blend until the whole mixture appears to have a smooth consistent texture.
- Add the tahini & honey (if using) and stir by hand.
- Add salt & cayenne pepper as desired.