Last week I took a week’s vacation and it was wonderful. It was the first real downtime that I’ve taken since starting at Resurrection last July. I was away from the office for a week in October at a continuing education event and I spent two weeks at home following Hannah’s birth (but I worked much of that time in preparation for preaching and teaching).
While home for the week I:
- Painted the dining room
- Painted the family room
- tore out an old railing between the dining room and family room
- constructed the new railing to go between the two rooms
- cleaned the house (especially windows on sliding glass doors)
- hung out with Hannah and Heather
- slept in
- enjoyed time with friends and family
- got back on the wagon and began eating like I know I need to (again)
Heather was a huge help with all of the projects and my dad was key in the railing project. It was a great time though and I returned to work this week feeling refreshed and renewed. Yesterday new carpeting was installed and I’m looking forward to a little time to lounge around the house and to enjoy it all soon.