As we’ve had to begin restocking our refridgerator and our pantry these last couple of weeks we’ve been scouting out the area grocery stores and trying to find our new food purchasing “home.”
Super Target was out quickly – not a great selection and over-priced.
HyVee at 119th and Ridgeview left us a little dissapointed as well.
Last night however, we went to the Price Chopper at 135th and Mur-Len and had a wonderful shopping experience. Things we appreciate about the Price Chopper we’ll be returning to for future grocery needs:
- They have a nice option for a low-carb bread (and it’s reasonably priced)
- They stock a variety of NSA (No Sugar Added) ice cream and frozen treats
- Heather saw several other pregnant women there and felt in good company
- There was a nice selection of hispanic foods and religious candles (which reminded us of NW Indiana)
- It is located very close to home
- You get a 5 cent discount for every bag you bring in (I’m thinking about bringing a box of trash bags next time…)
- The other shoppers, the clerk, and the baggers all were friendly (see Pace of Life).